As part of a national NHS restructure a local foundation trust needed to close a residential mental health unit. Located in a suburban area of Basingstoke, that was close to the main hospital, the trust wanted to ensure the property was well maintained and didn’t attract anti-social behaviour while it was empty.
The trust appointed DEX property guardians to move into the building, to secure and maintain the property, in return for affordable accommodation.
- DEX prepared the building for Property Guardian, installing temporary showers, kitchen facilities and white goods to ensure the properties covered the necessary HMO requirements.
- DEX ensured the property met all health and safety requirements and that necessary inspections and certifications were in place.
- This was all done at zero cost to the client and guardians were able to move into and secure the property within 10 working days.
- DEX Property Guardians secured the building for nearly 5 years. Throughout that time Guardians ensure the property remained visibility occupied, acting as a deterrent against anti-social behaviour.
- Throughout the process DEX Guardians were able to provide constant access to the site, and the NHS trust were able to use designated areas of the building for storage. Unused rooms were able to store beds, bed side tables and other NHS furniture to help manage demand during the covid pandemic.
- When the time came to hand back the property, DEX Property Management were able to provide vacant possession within 30 days.
- Property guardians provided an effective and flexible 24/7 security solution at zero cost to the NHS Foundation Trust.
- Instead of paying for expensive, traditional security, property guardians were able to provide the trust with revenue stream per guardians in situ.
- DEX guardians ensured all antisocial behaviour was prevented and that the building was secure and well maintained throughout – benefitting the local community.
- An affordable rental solution was provided to 58 property guardians over a 5 year period, including to many local NHS staff.
DEX Property management works with a number of national NHS Foundation Trusts, Ambulance Trusts and the Department of Health to secure a wide range of property from large hospitals and care home buildings through to smaller surgeries and office units. Contact us on 0800 0855 994 or register your interest here to find out how we can help you with your empty property needs.
[button url=”https://www.dexpropertymanagement.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Case-Study-NHS-use-of-Property-Guardians-compressed-2.pdf” text=”Click Here For Full Case Study”]